I would have denied it at the time, but growing up I was a mushroom sadist. My brother hated mushrooms, but he loved pizza. I liked both, and wasn't afraid to use this fact to my tactical advantage at the dinner table. Here's what would happen. My parents would order us some pizza, and I'd request mushrooms as a topping on half. Then I'd eat the pieces without mushrooms first. Before long the only pizza left was covered in the fungi and my brother wouldn't touch it, so I ate those pieces too! Emmm....
Each one of us lives in a different world. I gave no further thought to my mischevious mushroom capers once dinner was over; my brother remembers the incidents 25 years later, with what I suspect is a low-grade lingering resentment, as abusive brotherly bullying.
I'm sorry Eric. I didn't really know what I was doing to you. If I could, I'd travel back to that time and let you eat the whole pie.
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment